Exploring your options? Want to launch a major or minor? The courses below offer starting points to get your feet wet, satisfy requirements (major, minor, and/or breadth requirements), and assess your interests in business and economics.
(These courses carry no prerequisite courses; some may require sophomore standing.)
Accounting is often called “the language of business.” Learn to speak business!
- ACCT 101 – Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 203 – Survey of Accounting (designed for non-majors)
These courses provide basic understanding of Economics and can count toward the Social Science breadth requirements for all majors:
The following courses broaden perspectives and develop various skills in management.
- MGMT 201 – Contemporary Business and Communication
- MIDS 301 – Introduction to Information: A Systems and Design Approach
- MKMR 201 – Marketing Management (sophomore standing required)
- MGMT 250 – Managing Organizations and People I (sophomore standing required)