As managers move up in their organizations, their accountability and visibility increase. The ability to influence in order to get things done through others becomes increasingly important as one focuses on the larger interests of the department and the organization. This Certificate Program helps participants take their leadership skills to the next level by providing exposure to subject matter typically found in an MBA program.
Who Should Attend:
This Certificate is designed for managers with three to five years of management experience or for those advancing from a first-line supervisor position.
Coursework for the Certificate:
Certificate is awarded after completion of four programs, one selected from each of four topic areas. Certificate requirements should be completed within an 18-month period.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
January 28, 2014
April 7, 2014
June 10, 2014
September 15, 2014
November 18, 2014
January 27, 2015
March 16, 2015
May 4, 2015
July 8, 2015
October 20, 2015
- High-Impact Leadership for Women
February 18, 2014
- Igniting Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry
May 13, 2014
- Corporate Strategy: Real-World Frameworks and Actionable Plans
February 19, 2014
- Manage by Designing: Approaches for Everyday Innovation
April 28, 2015
- Strategic Decision Making
September 23, 2014
- Creating the Lean Enterprise in Services and Manufacturing: Nine Principles for World-Class Operations
March 14, 2014
- Change Leadership
December 3, 2014
Financial Decision Making
- Financial Decision-Making - Five-Part Webinar Series
February 3, February 5, February 10, February 12 & February 19, 2014
- Analyzing Financial Statements for Non-Financial Managers – Five-Part Webinar Series
June 3, June 5, June 10, June 12 & June 17, 2014
Cost of Certificate:
Healthcare, Nonprofit and CWRU Alumni: $1,680
Corporate Partners: 4 Class Days
To register online for the entire certificate, please select four (4) of the appropriate classes listed above. We will automatically track your progress towards completion of your certificate. Alternatively, you can register by phone at 216.368.6413. You have 18 months to complete any of our leadership, management, or functional knowledge certificates. Also please be aware that a program can only be applied toward the requirements of one certificate.
Receipt of Certificate
Certificates will be automatically produced and sent out to participants who have completed the requirements twice a year. Participants can expect to receive certificates in December/January or June/July after the completion of their courses.