Competitive demands across industries have pushed organizations to achieve greater efficiencies and higher profit. But as production pressure and risk-taking increase, so does uncertainty and vulnerability. As staff and inventories become leaner, companies become more tightly coupled with their suppliers and customers. This tightening of connections increases the brittleness of systems, making extreme events more likely than ever before. These conditions make it essential that managers learn to accurately assess their vulnerability and learn to recognize red flags before trouble occurs.
This one-day program pushes us to consider the vulnerability in our systems. The course addresses the features of highly-resilient firms — those that have weathered tough conditions, that bounce back more quickly than other firms and that respond more briskly, imaginatively and organically than the others around them. Looking beyond analysis and control mechanisms, we will emphasize and examine alternatives to planning that help firms respond well to surprises, including developing learning processes to give our organizations capabilities, confidence and flexibility to respond to the unexpected.
|Instructor||Date and Time||Location|
Oct 18, 2013, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
||Cleveland, OH||Event has Passed|
Sep 12, 2014, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
||Cleveland, OH||Add to Cart|
- Thinking about potential crises at your firm
- Learning about surprises
- Developing ideas about risks
- Identifying new practices to make your department or organization more resilient
- Committing to principled management
- Regularly planning for imaginary risks
- Establishing trusting relationships across reporting levels and departments
As a result of attending this programs, participants will:
- Recognize the vulnerability of their organization to various types of risks
- Identify early indicators of impending problems
- Learn how resilient firms create cultures and build resources that allow early detection and quick response to potential problems
Who Should Attend
Professionals with operational or technical responsibility, as well as staff managers charged with risk management. This program is also ideal for training and consulting professionals interested in organizational resilience.
Individual Participants: $645
Package Pricing: 1 class day per participant