From Ice Cream to the Internet: Using Franchising to Drive the Growth and Profits of Your Company
Posted 1.25.05Announcing a new book by Weatherhead professor Scott Shane: From Ice Cream to the Internet: Using Franchising to Drive the Growth and Profits of Your Company. Franchising can offer businesses a powerful new source of growth and improved financial performance. Now, Dr. Scott A. Shane helps businesses systematically assess the pros and cons of franchising, and offers proven best practices for building a successful system.
A book by Scott Shane, PhD
Clear and engaging, this book brings together previously inaccessible research on a wide range of crucial issues, from establishing margins to navigating the legal and institutional challenges of franchising. It will be the definitive guide for every business leader responsible for evaluating, planning, implementing, or managing franchise relationships.
- • Is franchising right for your business?
- • Evaluate your industry, your competitive position, and your competencies
- • Building the foundation of a successful franchising system
- • Establish winning policies, support and assistance mechanisms, and more
- • Pursuing growth, without the risks and pitfalls
- • Define territories, price franchises, and plan expansion
- • Law, internal politics, and other hassles
- • Navigate the unique legal and political issues associated with franchising
- • Finding and nurturing the right franchisees
- • Recruit and select the franchisees most likely to succeed-and build "win-win" relationships with them
For businesses seeking new paths to growth, franchising offers immense promise-and unique risks and pitfalls. All too often, decisions about whether and how to franchise are made based on anecdotal or unrealistic information. This book brings together the field's best research, helping you to decide whether to franchise, to understand the key factors associated with long-term success, and to build systems that work for franchisor and franchisee alike.
Drawing on studies of hundreds of franchise systems in dozens of industries, Dr. Scott A. Shane identifies proven principles and techniques for the entire franchise system development process: defining products and services, planning support, establishing royalty rates and advertising programs, mapping territories, recruiting and managing franchisees, and much more.
Read a sample chapter: : Is Franchising Right for Your Industry?
For more information about Professor Scott Shane, click here.
|Interested in buying this book? Weatherhead has made arrangements for our students and friends to get a 30% discount off the price of the book and free shipping. Click here to buy the book now.*|
*Note: Weatherhead School of Management and Case Western Reserve University do not endorse any vendor. Links to vendors are provided as a convenience to our students and friends. If Case receives a referral fee from a vendor, the fee will be used towards serving Case's charitable mission.